Workout Warrior

Workout Warrior

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year Resolutions

Perfect way to start the New Year of 2012, a brand spanking new pair of Asics for just 69 bucks and a clean lunch consisting of an egg white omelet and Brussel sprouts with a side of pita bread..not pictured.
It was nice to get back into the swing of things today. This weekend we spent in Kansas visiting Craig's cousin and girlfriend for NYE. It was one of night of acting young and foolish...this may be one of my last years to really go gung ho with the friends on NYE..turning 29 this Spring, buying house and wanting to start a family brings many new responsibilities on.


Of course just like every new year, I have to come up with some attainable resolutions. I want these resolutions to be realistic and ones that I can continue to work on everyday. So here goes!
1. Learning to Accept Myself More-this one is going to be one of the hardest resolutions. I go through phases where I love the way I look, proud of my muscular legs and full figure. On other days I look at myself and compare myself to other skinny twig like girls and wish that I did not have boobs to worry about or getting cellulite on my ass. I have to keep reminding myself that everyone has a different body, and I need to be thankful that I am healthy and strong and able to enjoy life at its fullest.
2. Complete a SPRINT Tri-yes sprint. I know for now I am not comfortable enough with my eating to do long distance training of any sorts. Hence, the overtraining issues I have had quite frequently. I do know that a Sprint is something I can attain, training plans are done in moderation and it still gives me breathing room to lift weights.
3. Moving Away From Safe Eating- trust me I eat, but at 99.9% of the time I stick to foods that are considered safe. I know I can eat limitless amounts of veggies and not worry about excess weight eating grilled chicken and fish. I do enjoy these foods, but there is no harm in trying new foods either. Calories in are more important than what type of calories you eat. This brings me to making new healthy meals for Craig and I as well.
4. Kick the Gum Chewing Habit-I can somehow manage to go through two packs of gum in a day..not always. I am not going to go cold turkey, but I would really like to limit my gum to a few pieces of day. There is no need to be shoving gum in my mouth every five minutes.
5. Add More to the Blog-get more creative, do give aways, just have fun!!
6. Work on my Money-yes I am getting married which means Craig is marrying my debt. That does not mean that I am debt free and able to rack up my credit card bills again. Once married, Craig and I have discussed setting out a budget to help with my credit card issues.
7. Getting Stronger again with my Faith-this is my last, but sure not the least of my resolutions. In the past couple of months I have felt that something has been missing from my life. I know that it is my relationship with God. Yes, I do still turn to him when in need and pray daily, but the daily Sunday church sessions have been far and few in between. I understand life can get in the way, but that is not an excuse. If I can make time to workout, shop and be social I can make more time for God.
What are some of your Resolutions for 2012?

5 comments:

  1. You look so pretty!!!!!! and I can't believe you got those shoes for $60! great goals Chels! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love your goals...i get stuck in eating safe foods as well and rarely branch out...once i find something i like...i just stick with it because i know its healthy, etc. LOVE the new shoes!!!! and LOVE that blue top! you are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your goals!! I need to work on accepting my body too. I think this year was a huge year for me in moving away from safe eating and I hope to continue in that direction. I really want to complete a tri if I can save up enough for a road bike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am 100% with you on accepting my body too... gosh I would just love to able to do that! It is possible though, I just know it :)

    ReplyDelete